1. 游泳队遇色狼 yóuyǒngduì yù sèláng – A 25 year-old man was caught last Friday peeping at the Chinese women’s national swim team change room inside University of Leeds. The Chinese swim team has been preparing for the London Olympics at the university. Here’s the article in Chinese.
2. 武汉领导坐轿 Wǔhàn lǐngdǎo zuòjiào – Yesterday, photos of two men seated on a raft carried through flooded streets of Wuhan by four men inspired a great deal of attention on microblog platforms. Many online users made snide remarks of the photo assuming the two men perched on the raft as self-important government officials. However, it turns out the two men are just employees of the Wuhan Huangbei District Center for Disease Control with special health needs requiring extra attention during the flooding. Here’s the article in Chinese.
3. 小贩抱大腿 xiǎofàn bào dàtuǐ – A photo of a street vendor clinging onto a city management official’s right leg struck a nerve with microblog users. The official in the photo appeared coldly indifferent to the vendor’s desperate pleas, inspiring enough hate messages online to get himself suspended from duty. Here’s the article in Chinese.
4. 进错房抱错姑娘 jìn cuò fang bào cuò gūniang – Last month, an intoxicated man in Anhui province walked into the wrong hotel room and attempted to initiate intimacy with an unknown woman. The young lady bit the man so hard out of self defense that he finally came to his senses and ran out of the room. The 24 year-old was arrested roughly a week later in his home for acting indecently towards a female. Here’s the article in Chinese.
5. 劫持北京地铁安检员 jiéchí Běijīng dìtiě ānjiǎnyuán – Yesterday around 9PM, a man dressed in black attempted to kidnap a Beijing subway security check inspector at Hujialou Station exit. The assailant held the inspector captive with a knife pointed to her throat, all the while threatening to kill her. The police team could not successfully negotiate her release, and eventually ordered for the man to be shot. The victim is now safe with her family. Here’s the article in Chinese.
6. 女医生害羞 nǚyīshēng hàixiū – In October last year, an elderly man was kicked in the lower regions from a neighborhood dispute and rushed to a local hospital in Anhui’s Shucheng county for emergency operation. A female doctor was called in to treat the patient, but upon a quick inspection of his injuries refused to conduct immediate treatment because the part of the body in need of care was “inconvenient” for her to handle. When another doctor was finally ready to conduct the operation the patient’s conditions had already deteriorated beyond salvage. The court has recently ordered for the hospital to pay the victim’s family a 96,000 RMB fine to compensate for delaying the victim’s treatment, contributing to his death from septic shock. Here’s the article in Chinese.
7. 裸奔拦车 luǒbēn lánchē – This Tuesday around 7AM, a naked man appeared on the streets of Anhui’s city of Hefei, beating at car windows and causing major disruptions in city traffic. More than 20 cars were vandalized within 30 minutes of his unexpected appearance. The man’s fists were already severely wounded from his violent tantrum when policemen finally stabilized him. The authorities plan to contact the man’s family once the local hospital confirms his mental state. Here’s the article in Chinese.
8. 裸身女鬼 luǒshēn nǚguǐ – A young woman with long black hair clad in nothing but a nude-colored underwear and nip-guards turned up at the 4th Annual Shenzhen Animation Festival held this Wednesday. Organizers of the event confirmed that the woman was not invited to be a part of the exhibition, but seemed prepared ahead of time to put on a good show. Many online users are referring to the woman as the “naked female ghost.” On the other side of the exhibition room that day, another young woman appearing to be just as naked as the “female ghost,” held a sign that read “seeking for a sugar daddy.” Here’s the article in Chinese.
9. 茉莉死因 Mòli sǐyīn – Internet celebrity and up-and-coming TV personality Molly was found stripped bare and dead in a hotel bed in Guangzhou this Monday morning. The forensic inspection of her corpse suggests that she was raped and killed at around 3AM the night before her discovery. Here’s the article in Chinese.
10. 潘秀成 Fán Xiùchéng – Fan Xiucheng has been named to replace Dai Hua as the new Nanjing municipal party committee member and member of the Nanjing standing committee. Here’s the article in Chinese.
animal mistreatment animals Baidu Baidu Knows Baidu products car accident celebrities corruption Crime dogs e-commerce Education Entertainment Fashion food games gaokao Henan Infidelity internet celebrities Internet phenomena Japan Kids These Days Law Love magic Music Netizen empowerment official misconduct PDA plastic surgery politics religion scandal Sex sexual harrassment social elites Society spoiled privileged teens Sports Technology Top 10 Countdown 2011 Top Ten Search Terms Trending Topics Weird